Saturday, July 28, 2007
- Congressman Ron Paul has a long history of working for Freedom in our nation's capitol. As a member of the United States House of Representatives, Dr. Paul has consistently worked to limit the size of the federal government. He has always worked to reduce taxes. He has repeatedly supported the cause of free markets. And he has never voted to support any measure not authorized by the Constitution of the United States of America.
- Some important facts about Ron Paul's record:
- * He has never voted to raise taxes.
- * He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
- * He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- * He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
- * He has never taken a government-paid junket.
- * He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- * He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- * He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
- * He voted against the Patriot Act.
- * He voted against the Iraq war.
* He wants to remove Marijuana from the list of controlled substances
- Ron Paul currently leads ALL '08 candidates with one-third of military contributions for Q2
- Military contributions among Republican presidential candidates place Ron Paul on top at 49.5%, with nearly as much as all Republicans combined.
- A more complete compilation of statistics by Phreadom shows that presidential candidate Ron Paul leads all 2008 presidential candidates in military contributions from the US Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and war veterans. Presidential candidate Ron Paul leads with an impressive one-third of all contributions this second quarter according to newly released data from the FEC.
- Ron Paul currently has more cash-on-hand than John McCain this quarter, and this new information is indicative of Ron Paul's success. It appears that our soldiers and war veterans have an affinity to, or inclination for Ron Paul's non-intervention principle - defending our homeland and pursuing terrorists, but no nation-building.
- Military contributions for Q2
- Ron Paul 32.94%
- John McCain 22.99%
- Hillary Clinton 13.92%
- Bill Richardson 7.03%
- Barack Obama 6.85%
- Mitt Romney 4.68%
- Rudy Giuliani 3.06%
- John Edwards 2.97%
- Tom Tancredo 1.85%
- Duncan Hunter 1.32%
- Joe Biden 1.06%
- Mike Huckabee 0.20%
- Mike Gravel 0.09%
- Sam Brownback 0.07%
- Dennis Kucinich 0%
- Tommy Thompson 0%
- Chris Dodd 0%
- Jim Gilmore 0%
- John Cox 0%
- Source: Finance Reports for the 2007 July Quarterly and compiled by Phreadom. Visit phreadom.blogspot.com for more detail.
- 1. Ronald Ernest Paul was born on Aug. 20, 1935, in Pittsburgh. His father was a dairy farmer.
- 2. Paul graduated with a bachelor's degree from Gettysburg College in 1957 and with a medical degree from the Duke University School of Medicine in 1961.
- 3. He served as a flight surgeon in the Air Force from 1963 to 1965 and in the Air National Guard until 1968. That year he moved to Texas to take over another doctor's medical practice.
- 4. Paul greatly admires Ludwig von Mises (1881-1973), an Austrian economist who advocated laissez-faire, free market policies. A photo of the economist decorates his office wall. Paul became interested in politics in 1971 when President Nixon removed the country from the gold standard and set wage price controls disappointing actions to Paul (and presumably von Mises).
- 5. Paul was elected to the House of Representatives in a special election in April 1976 to replace resigning Rep. Robert R. Casey. He was not re-elected later that year but did win his bid in 1978. He held office until early 1985, when he returned to his medical practice.
- 6. Paul ran for president in 1988 as a candidate for the Libertarian party. He received over 400,000 votes (or 0.47 percent), finishing third behind George H. W. Bush and Michael Dukakis.
- 7. Returning to the GOP, Paul won office again in 1996 to represent his Texas district in the House. He has been re-elected five times. He reportedly would like to be listed as both a Republican and a Libertarian, if Texas law allowed. And maybe also as a member of the Constitutional Party.
- 8. Paul received the nickname "Dr. No" in Congress for repeatedly casting "nay" votes, even on legislation with almost unanimous support from his Republican colleagues. Explaining why he opposes legislation that expands government power, funds federal spending, or reduces privacy: "I interpret through the eyes of the Constitution. If we don't have direct authorization, I don't vote for it, even if there are good intentions." In 2006, the Washington Post wrote: "He says, if his fellow Republicans are 'very desperate,' he may allow himself to be talked into changing a 'no' vote to 'present.' "
- 9. During his medical career specializing in obstetrics/gynecology, he delivered more than 4,000 babies. He refused to accept payment by Medicare or Medicaid, preferring to not charge patients or to work out a cash payment.
- 10. Paul is married to Carol Wells. They have five children and 17 grandchildren. He supported his children during their undergraduate and medical school yearsnot letting them accept federal student loans. It is also said he plans to refuse his congressional pension.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Summary & comments by Dan Eden for Viewzone
Imagine the shock of growing up in a loving family with people you call "Mum" and "Dad" and then, suddenly, learning that you are actually adopted!
This same sense of shock came as scientists announced that the Sun, the Moon, our planet and its siblings, were not born into the familiar band of stars known as the Milky Way galaxy, but we actually belong to a strange formation with the unfamiliar name of the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy!
How can this be?
Using volumes of data from the Two-Micron All Sky Survey (2MASS), a major project to survey the sky in infrared light led by the University of Massachusetts, the astronomers are answering questions that have baffled scientists for decades and proving that our own Milky Way is consuming one of its neighbors in a dramatic display of ongoing galactic cannibalism. The study published in the Astrophysical Journal, is the first to map the full extent of the Sagittarius galaxy and show in visually vivid detail how its debris wraps around and passes through our Milky Way. Sagittarius is 10,000 times smaller in mass than the Milky Way, so it is getting stretched out, torn apart and gobbled up by the bigger Milky Way.-Continue
Monday July 2, 2007
The deniers, white washers, shills, and propaganda masters are purposely misleading the public into believing that that the North American Union is a conspiracy theory. Unfortunately, most people are too busy or lazy to care and check it out for themselves. Some of the articles debunking the NAU do little of the sort, but even bad propaganda can fool the people. The NAU is being kept secret in the sense that working groups are meeting without public participation or knowledge in some cases, and are conducting business without debate or oversight. Wouldn’t the NAU require massive amounts of legislation with new agencies and institutions having to be created? The whole point is to bypass this process. It is through these working groups that the NAU is being formed with unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats assuming the power. In fact, the only legislation that has been introduced by Congress or state legislatures is resolutions to block the NAU. The push for total amnesty, open borders, and the NAU will continue even with the Senate recently blocking the immigration bill. When one starts to read the documentation pertaining to the creation of an NAU, they will find out for themselves that it is much worse than I or others are reporting.
The immigration bill has been defeated for the time being, but every time it is reintroduced, it comes closer to passing. President Bush and others attempted to ram the bill through despite upwards of 70% of the American people being against it. Perhaps Bush wishes this and a NAU to be his lasting legacy. The bill contained provisions to help advance the NAU, and it remains to be seen if he will get another crack at it before his term ends. The plan to eliminate illegal immigration by erasing our borders is moving forward. Multinational corporations view borders as barriers to increased profits and envision a world without them, where an endless supply of cheap goods and labor is able to move freely. This would require new infrastructure, such as the construction of the NAFTA Superhighway. Intentionally unsecured borders with Mexico and the lack of immigration enforcement only helps to advance the NAU agenda. In time, immigration will become migration if borders cease to exist.
Tuesday July 3, 2007
I once debated the Cato Institute’s Dan Griswold on immigration. He ended his remarks by comparing Ronald Reagan to Pat Buchanan. Reagan, he told us, was ever the optimist with his “Morning in America” campaign and accordingly welcomed immigrants and won in a landslide. Pat Buchanan was a pessimist and accordingly hated immigrants and lost in a landslide.
Griswold’s logic aside, it is generally true that those of us who are sounding alarms about immigration don’t always put on a cheerful face. This doesn’t make us any less right. Jeremiah never preached about “Morning in Jerusalem.”
I will admit to being a pessimist when it came to the prospects of immigration control. Until last Thursday, I was certain that the Senate would ignore the American people and pass the Bush/Kennedy Amnesty/Immigration Surge bill. Naturally I was elated at this rare demonstration of democracy.
Oswald Spengler famously wrote that “optimism is cowardice.” I won’t go that far, but optimism can lead to complacency. While we should relish in our victory, we should keep our eyes out for some troubling developments– or lack thereof—that could make it pyrrhic.
It cannot be ignored that despite our victory there are still
|Somewhere between 12 and 20 million illegal aliens in this country who aren’t going anywhere|
|Approximately 2,750 illegals coming across the border everyday|
|Over one million legal immigrants coming to this country a year|
Posted by mrspickles on July 27th, 2007
During testimony before the House Oversight Committee today, Rory Mayberry, a former subcontract employee of the firm responsible for the construction of the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, said he believes that at least 52 Filipino nationals had been kidnapped to work on the embassy project. He testified:
Mr. Chairman, when the airplane took off and the captain announced that we were heading to Baghdad, all you-know-what broke out on the airplane. The men started shouting, it wasn’t until the security guy working for First Kuwaiti waved an MP5 in the air that the men settled down. They realized that they had no other choice but to go to Baghdad. Let me spell it out clearly: I believe these men were kidnapped by First Kuwaiti to work at the US Embassy…
More & video here
Posted by mrspickles on July 26th, 2007
by Jacob G. Hornberger
It has long intrigued me why the German people supported Adolf Hitler and his Nazi regime. After all, every schoolchild in America is taught that Hitler and his Nazi cohorts were the very epitome of evil. How could ordinary German citizens support people who were so obviously monstrous in nature?
Standing against the Nazi tide was a remarkable group of young people known as the White Rose. Led by Hans and Sophie Scholl, a German brother and sister who were students at the University of Munich, the White Rose consisted of college students and a college professor who risked their lives to circulate anti-government pamphlets in the midst of World War II. Their arrest and trial was depicted in the German movie Sophie Scholl: The Final Days, which was recently released on DVD in the United States.
Of all the essays on liberty I have written in the past 20 years, my favorite is “The White Rose: A Lesson in Dissent”, which I am pleased to say was later reprinted in Voices of the Holocaust, an anthology on the Holocaust for high-school students. The story of the White Rose is the most remarkable case of courage I have ever come across. It even inspired me to visit the University of Munich a few years ago, where portions of the White Rose pamphlets have been permanently enshrined on bricks laid into a plaza at the entrance to the school.
A contrast to the Scholl movie is another recent German movie, Downfall, which details Hitler’s final days in the bunker, where he committed suicide near the end of the war. Among the people around Hitler was 22-year-old Traudl Junge, who became his secretary in 1942 and who faithfully served him in that capacity until the end. For me, the most stunning part of the film occurred at the end, when the real Traudl Junge (that is, not the actress who portrays her in the film) says,
All these horrors I’ve heard of … I assured myself with the thought of not being personally guilty. And that I didn’t know anything about the enormous scale of it. But one day I walked by a memorial plate of Sophie Scholl in the Franz-Joseph-Strasse…. And at that moment I actually realized … that it might have been possible to get to know things.
So here were two separate roads taken by German citizens. Most Germans took the road that Traudl Junge took — supporting their government in time of deep crisis. A few Germans took the road that Hans and Sophie Scholl took — opposing their government despite the deep crisis facing their nation.
Why the difference? Why did some Germans support the Hitler regime while others opposed it?
Thomas Lund-Lack, 59, was a civilian employee of Scotland Yard's counterterrorism section when he disclosed the contents of a secret intelligence report.
The report formed the basis of a Sunday Times article published on April 22, which warned that al-Qaida leaders in Iraq were planning mass-casualty strikes against the West, with one operative plotting an attack "on a par with Hiroshima and Nagasaki."
Lund-Lack had admitted misconduct in a public office. His lawyer said he regretted his action.
Issuing the sentence at Kingston Crown Court, judge Peter Gross said he was sending Lund-Lack to prison "with no little sadness but equally no hesitation."
"Mr. Lund-Lack will understand the need, as anyone in court will understand, that to protect your free society it is essential that some intelligence must be kept secret," the judge said. "Secrets must be kept and they cannot be kept if an insider breaks his bond of secrecy."
This man was scolded into feeling sorry for leaking their next false flag, government sponsored terror attack. I mean think about it, they dont tell anyone its coming, they have the borders wide open. When is everyone going to wake up to what they are doing. The actually might buy us some more time, now the cat is out of the bag. Like we all didnt know what the scum are going to do any way...
However, this still might just be dis info. They have been saying that there is going to be a summer of terror. Chertoff has a "gut feeling"...
When are you people going to wake the hell up????
The Malaysian government says it has had a gutsful of boggers who insult them, the King, or Islam and it will treat them like terrorists if they are not careful.
Already one of Malaysia's leading online commentators Raja Petra Kamarudin has had a visit from the local plod after the main governing party didn't like what he said in his bog.
New rules would allow coppers to hold a blogger without trail indefinitely. Bizarrely the government seems to think that it can say that it is not trying to strangle internet freedom.-Continue
In a move startlingly similar to that of the East German government during the Cold war, the FBI wants to recruit thousands of covert informants in the US and work with the CIA to train them in an effort to expand and adopt more aggressive intelligence capabilities.-Continue
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Owner Mary Flood had 12-year-old Jake put to sleep Wednesday after a last stroll through the fields and a dip in the creek near their home in Oakley, Utah. Flood said Jake had been in pain, shaking with a 105-degree fever as he lay on the lawn.-Continue
Valdivia awoke to find her family's hip-high, inflatable, 10-foot diameter swimming pool gone from her back yard Wednesday.
Valdivia told The Record of Bergen County the theft must have occurred between 1 a.m., when her husband went to bed, and 5 a.m., when she awoke.
She's amazed someone could steal the pool that quickly and just wanted to know "what the heck they did with the water," she said.
Intervening Phone Calls Pressure Army to Free Loose Change Producer
RELATED: Loose Change Producer Korey Rowe Arrested
They are fighting a war against YOU!!!!!
Perhaps your real life is so rich you don't have time for another.
Even so, the US Department of Defense (DOD) may already be creating a copy of you in an alternate reality to see how long you can go without food or water, or how you will respond to televised propaganda.-Continue
The next false flag, with nukes, or biologicals, or whatever method they use will be known and proved to be what it is, a false flag orchestration to bring in Marshal Law and the North American Union.
We know what is coming, and we will fight you. You know your time is short, and that is why you will destroy most Humans, but you will not win in the end, your time will come. You cannot stop us. I would say that you are going to strike us on September 11th 2007, or somewhere around that date. You would love to do that for the numerological significance. Doing that however would just bring us more power, for the likely hood of all these 'coincidences'?
Everything you do reveals everything about yourself, and your mechanism.
That mechanism itself will eventually bring you down.
You will fail!
Nothing has changed in the last 28 years. Neither will anything change if the American people dont change.
More: Obama, Clinton Draw Wall Street Donors Amid Bush Disenchantment
Read more about the Bush-Clinton Dynasty
In an earlier question Mike Gravel mentions a few things about lobbyist money.
More: New York City Investment Banks Give More Money to Obama Than to Clinton
Related: The Bush-Clinton Dynasty
Debate brings Youtube to centre of 2008 presidential campaign
Obama Top Fundraiser on Wall Street
Clinton and Obama Raiding Donors Who Backed Bush
Hillary 2008 - The Year Of The Lizard
Red Ice Creations Radio - Kent Daniel Bentkowski - 'Big Sister' Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton awarded honorary doctorate by Swedens Gothenburg University
Hillary Clinton took donations from convicted drug smuggler Jorge Cabrera
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
The U.S. military commander in charge of defending the U.S. homeland said Tuesday that he believes there are al-Qaida cells in the United States or people working to create them.
Air Force Gen. Victor "Gene" Renuart said that while the terrorism threat within the nation's boundaries has increased in the past year, officials have strengthened intelligence sharing, particularly in an effort to shore up weaknesses in security at U.S. ports.-Continue
Sunday, July 22, 2007
"President Bush's Executive Order prohibiting torture does exactly the opposite as White House and Pentagon have a very narrow definition of "cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment", human rights groups alleged yesterday."-Continue